GSA Green Grants (G3) provides funding for graduate student focused projects that reduce UC Riverside’s negative impact on the environment and make UC Riverside more sustainable. G3 will allocate funds to projects that promote sustainable modes of transportation, increase energy and water efficiency, restore habitat, promote environmental and food justice, and reduce the amount of waste created by UC Riverside. The funding amount is up to $2000 per project.
For consideration, please submit an abstract that meets the following requirements:
- Up to 300 words
- Title, team members
- Describe your project
- Its goals, how they will be tracked, and measurable outcomes
- Required resources, necessary partnerships
- How it will impact sustainability on campus or greater community
- How it relates to the triple bottom line of sustainability (Environment, Economic, Social)
- Projects that specifically target the UCR graduate community are encouraged
Project abstract deadline is Jan 20, 2017. Please submit your abstract through the website link below.
The Application Process
The G3 Grant program takes place during the winter and spring quarters and awards grants up to $2,000 for small projects that must be completed within one year. There is only one application form and applicants must submit it by either the winter or spring deadline.
Grant requests must be between $25-$2000.
Abstract Deadline: Friday, January 20, 2017 by 5 pm
Application Deadline: Thursday, February 23rd, 2017 by 5 pm
Abstract Deadline: Friday, April 21, 2017 by 5pm
Application Deadline: Friday, May 12, 2017 by 5pm
STEPS TO APPLY:
Stage 1: Abstract Submission**
Submit an abstract submission form by one of the two deadlines. It is recommended you begin gathering any necessary project approvals for Stage 2 during Stage 1.
**Note: You must submit an abstract in Stage 1 in order to be considered for a G3 grant. The GSA Sustainability Committee will invite selected abstract submissions to Stage 2.
Stage 2: Application Form
Submit the 1) Application Submission Form, 2) Project Approval Form(s), and 3) the G3 Metrics Spreadsheet by the deadline. Failure to submit these three requirements will disqualify your application. Also, pay close attention to the requirements listed in the grant application submission form. *If you are not partnering without an outside organization, please skip #2*
- Application Submission Form
- Project Approval Form
- If your project team is partnering with other organizations, or departments, or needs permission to undertake a specific project, please submit a completed Project Approval Form for each named entity. For example, if you are attempting to do a project in the dining halls, you would need a project approval from a Dining Services staff member.
- Metrics Spreadsheet
- Fill out at least one of the spreadsheet tabs to prove your anticipated project metrics.