Skip to content
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a required visit copay at the StudentHealthServices (SHS)?
- There is a required copay for those not enrolled in GSHIP. For those students who already participate in GSHIP, this copay has been included in your yearly premium and is therefore not due at the SHS.
- How do I choose not to enroll in GSHIP?
- You can choose not to be enrolled in GSHIP if you can prove that you have other health coverage that meets the University’s minimum requirements. Otherwise, GSHIP is required. A waiver form is required in order to “opt out” of GSHIP coverage. This waiver can be found here and filled out online. You must fill out a waiver form before the quarter’s coverage begins. Waivers received after this point will not be eligible to opt out. Click here for more information.
- What does it mean to “opt out” of GSHIP?
- “Opting out” of GSHIP means that you have sufficient outside health coverage to meet the University’s requirements and that you have successfully filled out the online waiver form before the quarterly deadline. For more information on opting out please refer to university health waiver opt out page.
- I thought that no copay was required at the SHS since I am enrolled in GSHIP. Why was I charged for a prescription?
- There is no visit copay for GSHIP enrollees. However, you are still required to pay the $5.00 prescription copay at the SHS pharmacy or at least $10.00 at any other pharmacy.
- Why was I charged a visit copay at my last doctor’s visit?
- If the visit was to a physician outside of the SHS, the visit copay of $15.00 still applies. If this visit was at the SHS and you are enrolled in GSHIP, this was an error.