Each mini-GSA is allocated a small amount of funds for events/activities/meetings which are accessible to all mini-GSA members, each academic year. All funding for an activity/event, etc. is paid initially by the mini-GSA. GSA funds will only be distributed as reimbursements. Moreover, the GSA maintains a ledger for each mini-GSA. Unused funds for the academic year do not carry over to the next academic year. Mini-GSAs do not have meeting budgets for summer. At the end of the year, remaining funds will be allocated to GSA reserves. Detailed information is given below.
Mini-GSA Funding Packages
- Mini-GSAs which have 50 or more graduate student members (registered members on ‘Highlander link’ website) are allocated $500 ($166.66 quarterly for 3 academic quarters) for meetings for all members in the mini-GSA (can be used for coffee, food, etc.).
- Mini-GSAs which have less than 50 graduate student members (registered members on ‘Highlander link’ website) are allocated $300 ($100 quarterly for 3 academic quarters) for meetings for all members in the mini-GSA (can be used for coffee, food, etc.).
To receive a mini-GSA reimbursement please complete the following steps:
- Fill out the Requisition Form.
- An itemized receipt taped to an 8″x11″ piece of paper
- Detailed meeting minutes
- A meeting agenda
- A list of people who attended the meeting (including NetID, first and last name)
If you have any questions or need help forming a mini-GSA, please contact the GSA (firstname.lastname@example.org).