The GSA Office is open Monday-Friday
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
The UC Riverside Graduate Student Association (GSA) is dedicated to serving the needs of the graduate and professional student population. We are happy to serve as a resource to help you navigate your way through your time at UC Riverside, and offer various services to our graduate and professional students.
The GSA exists to advance, through our advocacy and programs, the academic, social, and physical environment of current and future graduate students at the University of California, Riverside.
As the official student government of the graduate and professional student population at UC Riverside, we advocate on your behalf, organize graduate student representation among various campus committees, encourage graduate student life, and organize both conference travel reimbursement awards (Conference Travel Grants) and local outreach awards (Community Outreach Fund Awards) so our students can present their research in academic and professional settings as well as outreach to the greater Riverside community.
What We Offer
Some of what we do for you:
- Going to a conference? In partnership with the Chancellor’s Office and Grad Division, the UCR GSA distributes a significant number of conference travel awards.
- Would you like to host a conference? Ask us to sponsor your conference or outreach event.
- Beginning 2018-2019, the GSA will be hosting a speaker series. Stay tuned for exciting information on our 2018-2019 speakers!
- Social Events! Grad school can be an incredibly isolating experience. Join us and your fellow graduate students for a number of events throughout the year – Grad Bash at the HUB! (Fall/Spring quarter), Grad Bash at the Getaway (Winter quarter), Grad Night at the Getaway (every Tuesday night starting Fall 2018), and more!
- Have a problem? We are here to help. The GSA can help answer questions and connect you with important resources. If we do not know how to address your problem, we know who does and we can work with you to resolve it.
- Advocacy for UCR Grad Students! The GSA works with all levels of administration. Department mini-GSAs advocate for grad students on the department level. (If your department doesn’t have one, form one, we will even give you money for your meetings!) The Campus GSA advocates on the college, university, and UC-system wide level, with regular meetings with Deans, Vice Chancellors, the Chancellor, and the UC Office of the President. We even lobby on the local, state, and federal level!
Who We Are
Your GSA Elected Officers for 2018-2019 are:
President: Shawn Ragan
Executive Vice President: Stephanie King
Vice President of Academic Affairs: Siddharth Agarwal
Finance Officer: Michael Bentel
Public Relations Officer: Tommaso Menara
GSHIP Officer: Jasmine Jafari
For more information, see our Officers Page.